Mount Mercy's generous transfer policy allows many courses to transfer from colleges throughout Iowa and the country. In many cases, you will find you can finish your degree at Mount Mercy faster than you thought!
You can afford us! Check out our generous scholarships and financial aid.
You will feel welcome here. Many Mount Mercy students have transferred in from other colleges—both 2-year and 4-year schools. It can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help! You will join a community that respects and supports every individual’s educational journey.
And, you'll leave with a degree you can use. 97% of MMU graduates are employed or start professional or graduate school within 9 months of program completion. Whether you are interested in education, nursing, business, English, psychology, art, or any of our 45+ majors, you'll be well prepared for life after college.
- Apply online—it’s free!
- Send official transcripts from all colleges attended; if you don’t have an associate degree, send high school transcripts to:
Mount Mercy University Admissions
1330 Elmhurst Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
- Know how your courses will transfer by checking our transfer guide or using our online transfer tool
- Set up a campus visit and meet with our faculty
- File your FAFSA before July 1 to receive your financial aid award—including Mount Mercy’s generous transfer scholarships
Our FAFSA Code: 001880
- Attend registration session and orientation
- Register for classes and start your adventure—in the spring or fall semester
Mount Mercy evaluates all transfer applications on an individual basis. A variety of factors are weighed by the Admissions Committee to ensure students admitted will find a good fit intellectually and personally, based on preparation and experience.
If at any point in the application process you have questions or concerns, please contact your admissions counselor by email at email@example.com or by phone at 319-368-6460 or 800-248-4504.