Registrar's Office

The Registrar’s Office holds student records. Our staff oversees registration, grades and transcripts, enrollment verification, transfer credit evaluation, and graduation. We also handle veteran and athletic certification.


Note: This does not replace myMountMercy. These forms are only for use during situations in which you cannot use myMountMercy. Online registration is always preferable to forms.

  • Drop form – This will only require the signature of your advisor. This form should only be used after a term has already started. Otherwise, use myMountMercy.
  • Add – Current term – This form will require the approval of both your advisor and the instructor of the course. It will not be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office until both parties approve. This is for use during add/drop period at the start of a term.
  • Add – Future term – Only your advisor will be required to approve this form. This should only be used if you have a stop on your account or for some other reason cannot register online. Otherwise, use myMountMercy.

Student athletes will no longer be required to have Athletic Director permission before making schedule changes. The Athletic Department will use other reports to monitor eligibility.

The Registrar’s Office provides unofficial and official copies of transcripts. Please note any release of an academic record requires the student's signature.

Official Transcripts

Please order through National Student Clearinghouse's secure site. Please be mindful of the following items when ordering an official transcript:

  • Official copies are available in either PDF or paper form. 
  • Each official copy costs $11.00 and can be ordered using any major credit/debit card. 
  • Please allow 2-3 business days for processing, plus any US mailing time.
  • An official copy includes the seal, the Registrar’s signature, and is printed on security paper.
  • You can track your order. You must have your transcript order number to use this tool.

Unofficial Transcripts

Please complete this form (pdf) and either drop it off at our office or send via email

  • Unofficial copies are free of charge.
  • Unofficial copies do not have a long processing time and can be picked up immediately after the order has been processed.
  • Unofficial copies are printed on plain white paper as unofficial copies are often used for personal records.

Walk-in requests can be made at 211 Warde Hall during normal office hours. 

Mount Mercy University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted online or by mail.

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd. 
Suite 220
Herndon, VA 20171

Final grades are submitted by faculty to the Registrar's Office about one week after final exams. Students will be able to access their final semester grades on myMountMercy. Grade reports are not mailed by the Registrar's Office at the end of each semester.

For purposes of employer reimbursement, students can contact the Registrar's Office to request an individual grade report.

Mid-term grades are submitted for freshman students.

Visit our compliance page to view Enrollment Compliance Disclosure data and other information about graduation rates and retention.

Mustangs, here's what you need to do to get ready for graduation:

  • Fill out the graduation application, which can be found on the Apply for Graduation page
  • Review your graduation audit
  • Work with your advisor
  • Watch for important commencement information

Learn more about registering for graduation and Commencement.

Mount Mercy students who wish to add endorsements and are already holders of valid Iowa teaching licenses will need to complete an online form at the BOEE website

After the form is completed, Mount Mercy University will recommend you for the endorsement via the BOEE's online system. Payment is made through the BOEE webpage.

Use the Transfer Tool application to find out how courses from other institutions have been evaluated for transfer to Mount Mercy University. Please note: 

  • Developmental, remedial, vocational, test out, or experiential learning college credit is not transferable to Mount Mercy.
  • A maximum of 63* semester hours (non-technical) from two-year, regionally-accredited, associate degree-granting institutions will be accepted.
  • There is no limit to the number of semester hours that will be accepted from a four-year, regionally-accredited institution.
  • Credit earned at non-regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer on a case by case basis.
  • Transfer courses meeting the requirements noted above and completed with a grade of D- or better will be accepted at Mount Mercy. Whether or not the D- grade counts toward the major is up to the individual department.
  • Transfer course grades will be listed on the Mount Mercy transcript but will not count toward the cumulative grade point average.
  • Transfer courses marked with a double grade meeting the requirements noted above will have the higher grade transferred to Mount Mercy. For example, if a grade of CD has been assigned, the higher grade, C, will be placed on the Mount Mercy transcript.

*Some students will be eligible to transfer in more than 63 hours due to specific departmental policies. The Registrar's Office will make this determination during the official transcript evaluation.

Certification of enrollment for the purpose of education benefits is a service provided by the Office of the Registrar. Students who plan to attend Mount Mercy while receiving any type of Veterans Education Benefits should follow these steps.


Annually, Mount Mercy informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. This Act was designated to protect the privacy of education records, to establish the rights of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearing process. Students also have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office (FERPA) concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the Act. For more detailed information or questions concerning the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, please contact the Registrar's Office. 

Learn more about FERPA