Graduation Information: Class of 2017
Here's what you need to do to get ready for graduation:
- Fill out the Graduation Application.
- If you plan to graduate during the 2016-2017 academic year, complete the graduation application (below) by August 1, 2016.
- You are only allowed to submit one application for graduation per academic year. If you need to make a correction or change to your application (commencement participation, name on diploma, etc.) after it has already been submitted, please contact email@example.com.
- To be considered a member of the class of 2017, you must have applied for one of the 5 graduation dates for the 2016-2017 academic year:
- December 18, 2016 (For students who have completed all coursework during Fall 2016, including Blocks 1, 2 or 3)
- February 5, 2017 (For students who have completed all coursework during Winter 2017, including Block 4)
- May 21, 2017 (For students who have completed all coursework during Spring 2017, including Blocks 5 or 6)
- June 4, 2017 (For students who have completed all coursework during Block 7)
- August 20, 2017 (For students who have completed all coursework during Summer 2017, including Blocks 8 or 9)
- Review your graduation audit.
- After submitting your graduation application, the Registrar's Office will create your graduation audit. This audit will include a detailed examination of your progress towards graduation/degree completion and will be sent to your university email.
- Work with your adviser.
- Meet with your adviser and review your audit together, working with the Registrar's Office to correct any issues.
- Clarify any final questions you have before graduating.
- Watch for important graduation/commencement information.
- Various offices will be sending information to your university-issued email throughout the year regarding graduation and the commencement ceremony.
- Information will only be sent to students who have filled out a graduation application.
That's it! Well, almost. A few more important details:
- There is a difference between the commencement date (set for the ceremony each spring) and your graduation date (the date that you will complete all of your degree requirements, which normally falls on the Sunday after your last term ends).
- There is only one commencement ceremony held each year. This year’s commencement ceremony will be held on May 21, 2017. If you decide not to come, you cannot attend the following year's ceremony.
- You are issued only one diploma, so think carefully about how you want your name to look (use your legal name, middle name, middle initial, etc?).
Okay, now you may start your application:
2016-17 Graduation Application form
|Dec. 18, 2016
|Feb. 5, 2017
|May 21, 2017
|June 4, 2017
|Aug. 20, 2017