We know you have a busy life, and we're committed to helping you achieve your academic goals.
Whether you have previous college experience, are a working professional or are just looking for a new start, Mount Mercy makes it simple for you to achieve your goal of attaining an undergraduate degree.
A few things to note:
- There is no application fee, whether you apply on paper or online
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
- Though there is no application deadline, we receive the majority of our applications by late winter/early spring
- Use our transfer tool (all colleges) or our transfer guide ( Iowa community colleges) to evaluate your transfer credit
Admission Criteria for Transfer Students
A variety of factors are weighed to ensure that students admitted to Mount Mercy will find a good fit intellectually and personally. Our Admissions Committee looks for applicants whose preparation and experience suggest they will succeed at Mount Mercy.
Mount Mercy evaluates all files on an individual basis. While specific courses are not required for admission, the transcripts will be evaluated to ensure that strong college curriculum has been successfully completed. Strong consideration will be given to applicants who have the following:
- Cumulative transfer grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Application by students looking to transfer with two semesters or less will be reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- In accordance with an articulation agreement with Kirkwood and Hawkeye Community Colleges, Associate of Arts and Associate of Science graduates who have at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average will be automatically accepted for admission.
The Application Process
A complete admission file includes:
- Application for admission
- Official high school transcripts
For applicants who have not earned an associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended
For applicants who have earned an associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Updated copies of college transcripts will need to be sent prior to enrollment for students who apply for admission while enrolled at another college
If at any point in the application process you have questions or concerns, please contact your admissions counselor by email at email@example.com or by phone at 319-368-6460 or 800-248-4504.