In The News
Papers & Speeches
- Blake, C. & Monahan, E. (2005). Rethinking teacher preparation for EBD students: toward a partnership model. In P. Garner (Ed.), World Yearbook in Education 2006. London: Kogan Page
- Blake, C. & Monroe, C. (2004). Moral education in American schools. In P. C. Miller (Ed.), Narratives from the Classroom: An introduction to teaching (pp.28-43). San Francisco, CA: SAGE Publications
- Blake, C. (2004). Do teacher training courses prepare us for the challenge of students experiencing EBD? In P. Garner, F. Yuen., et al. (Eds.), Handbook of Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties in Education (pp.417-427). London: SAGE Publications
- Blake, C. (2000). Same story, different accent: A transatlantic view of partnership. In M. Griffiths & G. Impey (Eds.), Working Partnerships: Better Research and Learning (pp.23-34). Nottingham: Nottingham Trent University
- Blake, C. & Binko, J. (1998). “E Pluribus Unum”: American educational values and the struggle for cultural identity. In M. Leicester, C. Modgil, & S. Modgil, (Eds.), Education, Culture and Values Vol. IV: Moral Education and Pluralism (pp.193-204). London: Falmer Press
- Blake, C. (1999). Deficit ideology and educational reform in the United States. In H. Daniels & P. Garner (Eds.), The World Yearbook of Education, 1999: Inclusive Education (pp.74-81). London: Kogan Page
- Blake, C. & Catt, R. (1997). Classroom discourse: The culture of pedagogy and talk in teacher education. In Yearbook of South Atlantic Philosophy of Education Society 1996: Cultural Studies and the Philosophy of Education (pp.65-69). Greenville, NC: SAPES East Carolina University
- Blake, C. (1997). A different tale of the sorcerer’s apprentice: toward a new model of teacher development in Special Education. In P. Garner & J. D. Davies (Eds.), At the Crossroads: Special Educational Needs and Teacher Education (pp.75-83). London: David Fulton Publishers
- Blake, C. (1996). Kids with their heads in the clouds: Spirituality, creativity and assessment, In Yearbook of South Atlantic Philosophy of Education Society 1995: Teaching in the Foundations - Philosophical Considerations (pp.74-80). Greenville, NC: SAPES East Carolina University
Articles & Reviews
- Blake, C. & Monahan, E. (2005). Wishful thinking or a bag of tricks? Helping the beginning special educator. Support for learning: the British Journal of Learning Support, Vol.12, No.1, February 2006
- Blake, C. (2003). Conformity or creativity: The problem of teacher development in the PDS environment. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 468179)
- Blake, C. (2001). Review of the book Delivering of Effective Behavior Support in Schools by Giles Barrow. British Journal of Learning Support Fall 2001.
- Blake, C. & Fewster D. (2001). Traumatic brain injury and inclusive classrooms in schools. International Journal of Youth and Adolescence, Fall 2001.
- Blake, C. & Garner, P. (2000). We may give advice but we can never prompt behavior: lessons from Britain in teaching students whose behavior causes concern. The Educational Forum, 64 (2), 115-123. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 442209)
- Blake, C. (1999). Historical empathy: A response to Foster and Yeager. The International Journal of Social Education, 13(1), 25-31. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. EJ 605743)
- Blake, C. (1997). A comment on Paulo Freire’s challenge to teacher education. Taboo: The Journal of Culture and Education, 2, 142-43.
- Blake, C. (1996). Schooling with an attitude: American education’s “get tough” stance toward at-risk students. British Journal of Learning Support, 11(4), 173-76.
- Blake, C. (1996). Teacher education in the land of the free: A comparative view. QWEST, 5(1), 8-12.
- Blake, C. (1996). Review of the Redbridge LEA Agreed Syllabus for RE. Look Hear, 23, 20-21.
- Blake, C. (1994). School-based training: Do the sums add up? QWEST, 3(2), 5-8.
- Blake, C. (1992). RE attainment and the plight of the lemming. Look Hear, 11, 10.
- Blake, C. (1990). Assessment in religious education: Time to do your own thing? RE Today, 7(32), 8.
- Blake, C. (1987). The assessment of the affective domain: A British venture in the unknown. Religious Education Journal of Australia, 3(1), 29-32.
- Blake, C. (1986). GCSE under starter’s orders. RE Today, 4(20), 15-16.