The ACE Writing Center, located at 130 University Center, is a free service available to all students. Writing Tutors are available to assist students with specific writing assignments as well as general writing problems at any point in the process. ACE provides walk-in assistance, and the writing tutor schedule can be found at the ACE Writing Center Schedule link at the left.
If you prefer an individually assigned writing tutor for a specific subject, you can submit a tutor request form in the ACE office at 130 University Center.
Please bring to your appointment:
- The course assignment
- Notes and grading criteria
- Your files, if you have begun your paper
Students can expect assistance with:
- Organizing and structuring your paper
- Documentation and sources
- Tips to avoid plagiarism
- Revision and editing suggestions
- Resources and exercises to help overcome grammatical and mechanical problems