Mount Mercy University hosts speakers on campus throughout the year, ranging from authors to business executives.
Additionally, Mount Mercy has several speaker series which bring renowned guests to campus each year:
- The annual Aquinas Lecture has brought philosophers and theologians to campus to speak on topics such as violence, order, love, justice, and the Church in contemporary society
- The Barbara Knapp Endowed Business Lecture Series annually brings speakers to campus to discuss business-related topics
- The annual MBA Speakers Series has brought business professionals, including presidents and CEOs, to campus
- The biennial Race and Gender Speaker Series provides an opportunity for a greater understanding of global trends with presentations on race, gender, minorities, and cultural differences
- The annual Presidential Lecture Series brings prominent speakers to campus who highlight key developments in society that relate to the mission and values of Mount Mercy University and the Sisters of Mercy
- Four faculty forums each year (two during each term) offer faculty the opportunity to present to a public audience about their current scholarship or research
- The Global Issues Series includes lectures by guest speakers, panel discussions and occasional films related to critical social, cultural, political, and environmental issues of global significance
- The annual Holocaust Speaker Series features the story of a Holocaust survivor
- Through Linn County Connections, Mount Mercy sponsors this talk relating to science and its relevance every other spring. The series rotates among colleges and universities in Linn County
- Past visiting writers include poet laureates, award-winning journalists, best-selling novelists, and Oprah-picks
Keep current on all the speakers coming to campus by viewing upcoming events.