Busse Library provides these websites and titles for students and faculty seeking social criticism and social activism research. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere.
Scroll down the desktop or select a topic of interest.
Gateways to Social Criticism -- Left-Wing and Progressive Social Criticism -- Center-Wing Social Criticism -- Right-Wing Social Criticism -- Busse Library Resources
Gateways to Social Criticism
Left-Wing and Progressive Social Criticism
Center-Wing Social Criticism
Right-Wing Social Criticism
Busse Library Resources
- Altemeyer, Bob. Enemies of freedom: understanding right-wing authoritarianism / 1988. HM271 .A457 1988
- Barker, Stephen. Signs of change: premodern, modern / c1996. PN45 .S418 1996
- Blum, John Morton. The progressive Presidents: Roosevelt, Wilson, Roosevelt / c1980. E743 .B6135 1980
- Cater, Douglas. Television as a social force: new approaches / c1975. PN1992.8.C7 T4
- Ebner, Michael H. The Age of urban reform : new perspectives on the progressive / 1977. HT123 .A615
- Frankel, Noralee. Gender, class, race, and reform in the progressive era / c1991. HQ1419 .G46 1991
- Lerner, Gerda. The creation of feminist consciousness / 1993. HQ1121 .L47 1986 v.2
- Lipset, Seymour Martin. The politics of unreason; right wing extremism in America /  E183 .L56
- Shulman, Robert. Social criticism & nineteenth-century American fictions / 1987. PS217.S58 S5 1987
- Thom, Gary. Bringing the Left back home: a critique / 1979. JA84.U5 T47
- Weiss, John. The Fascist tradition; radical right-wing extremism /  JC481 .W43
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.