In support of faculty pursuing scholarly publishing, the Busse Library staff has assembled these resources for consultation and general information. Field-specific pages include a roster of top journals associated with the discipline, professional associations, applicable citation index details, and articles on how to publish in that arena.
For finance scholars, the following categories of information are offered:
Top 10 Journals, Based on Recent ISI Impact Factors -- Previous ISI Rankings for Top Journals in Finance (SSCI) -- Alternative Citation Impact Systems: Finance Rankings -- Professional Associations: Finance -- Open Access Journals and Open Access Collections: Finance
- Journal of Finance: American Finance Association -- (Rank #1, 2008 ISI)
- Journal of Financial Economics: University of Rochester (NY) -- (Rank #2, 2008 ISI)
- Journal of Accounting and Economics: Elsevier -- (Rank #3, 2008 ISI).
- Review of Financial Studies: Oxford University Press -- (Rank #4, 2008 ISI)
- Journal of Accounting Research: Wiley-Blackwell -- (Rank #5, 2008 ISI)
- The Accounting Review: American Accounting Association -- (Rank #6, 2008 ISI)
- World Bank Economic Review: Oxford University Press -- (Rank #7, 2008 ISI)
- Accounting, Organizations, and Society: Elsevier -- (Rank #8, 2008 ISI)
- Journal of Corporate Finance: Elsevier -- (Rank #9, 2008 ISI)
- Review of Accounting Studies: Springer -- (Rank #10, 2008 ISI)
Previous ISI Rankings: General Guides
- Journals Ranked by Impact: From ISI's SCI-BYTES: What's New in Research -- directory to master and subject lists compiled by the University of Delaware Library
Previous ISI Rankings: Finance Journals
- 2008 Impact Factors: Business, Finance Category -- data provided by the European Financial Management Association
- Finance: Journals Ranked by Impact: 2008 Impact Factors and 1981-2009 Data: Sci-Bytes
- Finance, Journals Ranked by Impact, 2004: Sci-Bytes, March 2006
- "Comparing the Google Scholar h-index with the ISI Journal Impact Factor." By Anne-Wil Harzing and Ron van der Wal. c2007.
- Eigenfactor.org: Economics, 2011 Rankings -- includes finance publications. Select year (from main search page) to view additional rankings.
- Google Scholar Metrics: Finance
- Journal Quality List. Compiled and edited by Anne-Wil Harzing. (49th ed., 08 June 2013). -- features 20 different rankings of 940 journals in economics, finance, accounting, management, and marketing
- Journal Rankings: Economics, Econometrics, and Finance: SCImago Journal & Country Rank -- view 2011 SJR data (SCOPUS) for various years
- JournalRankings.com: Business and Finance -- the web's only interactive journal ranking service, powered by RedJasper software
- View SNIP and SJR Values: SCOPUS -- download entire database as spreadsheet or conduct a search for title or subject of interest
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
- Commercial Finance Association (CFA)
- European Finance Association (EFA)
- Midwest Finance Association (MFA)