Registrar Services

Transcripts | Teacher Education Licensure | Verification of Enrollment | Change Name | Grade Reports | Replacement and Duplicate Diplomas | Graduation Rates


To order an official transcript(s), login to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site. The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. Order updates will be emailed to you. Orders can also be tracked online.

Transcripts cost $7 each and can be ordered using any major credit/debit card. The card will only be charged after the order has been completed. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing in the Registrar's Office regardless of ordering method or delivery method. (This does not include US Mail processing time.)

To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations governing educational records, you must authenticate yourself. Alumni and students electing the online service are presented with the Consent to Release form. Print and sign the form and return the document to the Clearinghouse via mail, fax, or by scanning the document and forwarding by e-mail. You will also have the option to electronically sign the form. The Clearinghouse's address, fax, and e-mail information are located on the consent form itself. Do not return the consent form to the Registrar's Office.

Walk-in requests can be made at 211 Warde Hall during normal office hours (Normal: M-R 8-5; F 8-4:30; Summer: M-F 8-4). Transcripts are released only after all outstanding balances are cleared in the Business Office and exit interviews have been completed with the Financial Aid Office. Thus, students requesting the release of a transcript may wish to verify with those offices that the transcript can be released.

Mount Mercy cannot provide you with copies of transcripts from other schools you have attended. If academic transcripts are needed from these schools, please contact those schools directly to make your request.

Mount Mercy University will be the school of record on all transcripts issued after the official name change date (August 23, 2010). The information on the back of the printed official transcript will provide a brief history and explanantion of the change from college to university.

Teacher Education Licensure

Students need to submit to the Registrar's Office the application for teacher licensure. Please fill out the appropriate sections of the form and submit approximately four weeks prior to graduation. The application is available in the Education Division Office or in the Registrar's Office.

Mount Mercy students that wish to add endorsements and are already holders of valid Iowa teaching licenses will need to use the above mentioned form to add the endorsement to the license. Fill out the form, attach a money order for the appropriate fee, and submit them to the Registrar's Office upon completion of all course requirements for adding the endorsement. Forms and relevant information can be found here:

Verification of Enrollment

Students may obtain a letter of certification of verification of their enrollment from the Registrar's Office. Please use the Enrollment Verification Form which includes your name (printed), your signature, your Mount Mercy ID number (if known), your Social Security number, the date(s) of attendance (including semester and year) that you want certification for and the address of where the certification letter is to be sent. Please allow 3-5 working days for processing. You may fax your request to the Registrar's Office at 319-363-8593, or mail your request to:

Registrar's Office
Mount Mercy University
1330 Elmhurst Dr. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Change Name Form

To request a name change, fill out the Name Change Form (pdf) and submit it to the Registrar's Office for processing. You can submit the Name Change Form by faxing it to the Registrar's Office at 319-363-8593 or mailing it to:

Registrar's Office
Mount Mercy University
1330 Elmhurst Dr. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Grade Reports

Final grades are submitted by faculty to the Registrar's Office about one week after final exams. Students will be able to access their final semester grades on myMountMercy. Grade reports are not mailed by the Registrar's Office at the end of each semester.

For purposes of employer reimbursement, students can contact the Registrar's Office to request an individual grade report.

Mid-term grades are submitted for freshman students.

Replacement and Duplicate Diplomas

Diploma Replacement
For graduates who are in need of a replacement diploma or an additional copy of their Mount Mercy diploma, please note the following instructions.

  • There is a $75 charge for a replacement or duplicate diploma.
  • To replace a lost or destroyed diploma or to order an additional copy, please complete the Diploma Replacement Request Form available online or at the Registrar’s Office.
  • A replacement diploma bears the most recent commencement date and the signatures of the current Mount Mercy officials. The following sentence appears at the bottom to indicate that it is a replacement: “This diploma is issued in place of one granted (month, day, year)”. If possible, please return the remains of the original diploma.
  • Please note that the student’s signature must be notarized and two (2) copies of legal documents must accompany requests due to a name change.

Duplicate Diplomas
A duplicate diploma has the notation “Duplicate Diploma” at the bottom. Diplomas issued with errors will be replaced free of charge provided that the Registrar’s Office is notified within six months of the conferral date.

Graduation Rates

Enrollment Compliance Disclosure data and other information about graduation and retention can be found here.