Mount Mercy's Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) is committed to academic excellence, student success, leadership and service to the community, and to providing a quality learning environment. ACE is Mount Mercy's one-stop learning center for all students.
Our mission is to provide academic support services for all students via the building of academic skills and confidence. Our objective is to generate independent learners moving toward their academic goals. Working collaboratively with faculty members and other offices on campus we are able to provide referrals and provide students with the guidance, encouragement, foundation and support they need to be successful at Mount Mercy and beyond.
- ACE serves all students – undergraduate, graduate, adult accelerated, online.
- Open Monday - Thursday 8 am-8 pm and Fridays from 8 am-4:30 pm. Flexible appointment scheduling in the evenings.
- There is no cost to use the resources available through ACE.
- Academic Counseling – Professional staff are available to work with students one-on-one to assist by providing the information and support needed to be successful.
- Writing Assistance – A Writing Specialist, other staff and peer Writing Center tutors are available in the ACE Writing Center for assistance with writing skills and to provide guidance with a variety of class assignments and projects. Drop-in hours are determined at the beginning of each semester. A schedule will be posted.
- Peer Educators – Successful students are selected and trained as Peer Tutors to provide tutoring in course content and as Academic Peer Coaches to provide assistance in learning strategies, time management, and organizational and study skills.
- Disability Services – Professional staff is available to provide guidance and advice on documentation and accommodation needs in a confidential manner.
- Student Success - Professional staff coordinates the McAuley Scholars and First Generation College Programs. With the assistance of student mentors, support and guidance are provided to assist in the transition to Mount Mercy through graduation.
- Computer/Study Space – ACE has several computers available for student use and space to study, work on assignments, collaborate with classmates and gather with study groups.Technical support is available to assist with accessing e-mail, logging into Brightspace and computer use.
ACE provides academic support services to help students learn how to learn, grow as critical thinkers, excel in their classes, and succeed by reaching their academic goals.