The office of Disability Services at Mount Mercy University is located in The Academic Center for Excellence, 130 University Center.
Disability Services Coordinator
Dr. Jane Caraway
Office: 319-363-1323 ext. 1204
Toll Free: 800-248-4504
Mount Mercy University is committed to equal educational opportunity for all students. The office of Disability Services facilitates accommodations and provides services so that students with disabilities enjoy the same exceptional opportunities as their peers, with the greatest degree of independence possible. The office of Disability Services obtains and files disability-related documents, certifies eligibility for services, and determines reasonable accommodations for students in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Core functions include:
- Establishing and disseminating criteria for disability services;
- Determining eligibility for disability services through review of documentation and assessment of individual student need;
- Facilitating academic and environmental accommodations and services;
- Educating the campus community about disability issues;
- Supporting faculty and staff in meeting the needs of diverse learners.
Students seeking disability services, or those who have general questions about services, should contact the Disability Services Coordinator. Accommodations are determined on an individual basis. The need for specific documentation varies and will be determined in the initial discussion. Students who wonder if they are entitled to accommodations or services should make an initial contact as soon as possible and should not delay the process out of concern for appropriate paperwork.