August 24, 2013 -
7:00am to 8:30pm| Mount Mercy University
Welcome Freshmen & families! For the full list of events, see the Orientation Week schedule.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Move In & Orientation Registration, University Center Commons. Resident students will receive an orientation schedule, keys, parking stickers, and ID cards. After check-in students are able to move into their residence hall.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Student Financial Services, Warde Hall. The Student Financial Services office will be open during this time.
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. The Campus Store, University Center. The Campus Store will be open during this time.
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Buffet Lunch, Dining Room in University Center. Resident student board plans begin with this meal (students will need to show their IDs). Non-board students, parents and guests may purchase lunch for $6.50.
- 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Tours of Cedar Rapids. Need to know where Walmart is? How about the nearest Dairy Queen? Hop on the trolley and get a tour of your new town. Tours of Cedar Rapids will be leaving from the front of Regina Hall at 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Seating is limited so sign up and check in at the Information Desk.
- 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. Commuter Student Check-In, Information Desk in University Center. Commuter students will receive an orientation schedule, parking stickers, and ID cards.
- 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. Opening Session & Blessing, Chapel of Mercy in Busse Center. Sister Shari Sutherland, Executive Director for Mission & Ministry; and Aaron Lacy, Student Government Association President will each offer their welcome to the newest members of the Mount Mercy community.
- 4:00 - 4:45 p.m. Family Reception, Library Atrium in Busse Center. Family members are invited to a reception with members of the Mount Mercy community. Light refreshments will be served. This concludes the family portion of orientation! Thank you for coming.
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Orientation Groups. The next 4 years will be an exciting adventure filled with many new people. Start meeting those people now! Gather with the other members of your orientation group and meet your Orientation Leaders.
- 5:00 - 6:15 p.m. New Student Picnic, University Center Patio. Enjoy your first meal on campus while sitting outside with other members of the Mount Mercy community.
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Mandatory Resident Student Floor Meetings, Stello Performance Hall in Warde Hall.
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Commuter Student Meeting, Room 4 in Lower Level Lundy.
- 8:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment, McAuley Theatre. Meet up with your orientation group at the location you determined during your first meeting to go over any questions about everything that has happened during the day, get last minute details about Sunday's activities, and then head to the M2AP Board event featuring magician Norman Ng.
Don't miss the Ice Cream Social immediately following the performance in the University Center!