MMU named Military Friendly School for sixth consecutive year

Mount Mercy University announced today that it has been designated a Military Friendly® School by MilitaryFriendly.com for the sixth consecutive year.

As Mount Mercy’s student-veteran population continues to grow, the university is dedicated to providing a path to success by supporting enhanced services, including: a dedicated admissions representative, assistance with benefit information, a veterans lounge, free lunch every Friday, scholarships specifically for veterans, participation in the Yellow Ribbon program, academic support, counseling services for veterans and their families through the on-site Olson Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic, and more.

Heidi Miller, student and member of the Iowa Army National Guard, said Mount Mercy has supported her 100 percent during her time at the university.

“As a veteran, my professors at Mount Mercy have worked with me in times that I have had to be away to attend military training,” Miller said. “Outside of class, if at any time I have expressed questions or concerns, they have been diligent about getting back to me immediately and, if necessary, finding convenient meeting times in order to sit down with them to help me fully understand the question or concern I am expressing.

“In preparation for my career, Mount Mercy has assisted me in resume building, offered mock interviews, job fairs, networking opportunities, internships, volunteer opportunities, as well as potential career opportunities.”

The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges, universities, community colleges and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students and dedicate resources to ensure their success both in the classroom and after graduation.

For more information about Mount Mercy’s veteran friendly efforts, visit www.mtmercy.edu/veterans.

Share on...

Mount Mercy on...