Gradprograms@mtmercy.edu | 319-286-4420
Graduate Program Admission
For a complete Graduate Admissions Policies, see the Catalog.
Degree Seeking Student
Applicants desiring admission to Mount Mercy graduate programs apply through the Graduate Admissions Office and must meet the graduate admissions criteria. Final admission decisions rest with the academic program. To be considered for admission, an applicant must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent degree from an accredited institution outside the United States. Documentation of degree equivalencies must be submitted by an agency authorized to do so.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 and an undergraduate record that reflects ability to be successful in graduate studies. (Students with a GPA less than 3.00 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Provide a personal statement that demonstrates solid writing skills and motivation for graduate studies. (See application form for further instruction.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty and/or work supervisors, who can attest to an applicant’s ability to be successful in graduate studies. (See application form for further instruction.)
LETTERS OF REFERENCE: The letter of reference is not a traditional letter of reference. It is a questionnaire of 12 questions and two short answers. At the end of your online application, a page marked “For others to complete” appears with a hyperlink "Create Invitation." Follow instructions to email individuals who will complete a reference letter form. We recommend that you have your superior, previous superiors, academic professors, individuals you may have worked with closely on a project, volunteer organizations that you may have contributed too, or anyone who can speak credibly about your skill set.
- Complete any requirements from the specific area of study. (MSL requirements below.)
An application is complete when the applicant submits the following required items:
- A completed Mount Mercy application, including personal statement and two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work from which undergraduate and graduate grade point averages can be computed. Transcripts should be mailed directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. Official transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope and display the appropriate seal and signature of the institution.
Provide official transcripts from all schools previously attended. In order to qualify as official transcripts they must be either directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope that is directly from the issuing institution, and should be delivered directly to Graduate Programs | CRST International Graduate Center | Mount Mercy University | 1330 Elmhurst Dr. NE | Cedar Rapids, IA 52402-4797.
Specific requirements for Master of Strategic Leadership
- At least 24 years old.
- Three years of full-time work experience (provide a resume to document this work experience).
- Currently working at least part-time in the field of business (ongoing requirement for at least part-time work during program). Requirement can be waived by Program Director.
More Admissions Information
The Mount Mercy University’s Course Catalog
also provides details for:
- Program specific requirements
- International Students
- Graduate Special Student Status (or Non-Degree Status)
- Transfer Policies
- Policy on Undergraduate students taking graduate classes
- Delayed Admissions
Graduate Admissions at 319-286-4420
or email firstname.lastname@example.org