Busse Library provides these resources and book titles for students and faculty seeking information on Iowa history. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere.
Scroll or select a topic of interest.
General History Resources -- Tourism -- Places to Visit -- Busse Library Resources
General History Resources
Places to Visit
Busse Library Resources
- Anderson, Duane. Eastern Iowa prehistory / 1981. E78.I6 A5
- Bennett, Mary. An Iowa album : a photographic history, 1860-1920 / 1990. F 622. B46 1990q
- Bergman, Marvin. Iowa history reader / 1996. F621.5 .I56 1996
- Brooker, Doug. Iowa : an American portrait / c1996. Video F 621. I5
- Carpenter, Allan. Between two rivers : Iowa year by year, 1846-1996
- Folmar, John Kent. This State of wonders : the letters of an Iowa frontier family / 1986. F621. T48 1986
- Franzwa, Gregory M. The Lincoln Highway. 1995-. HE356.L7 F72 1995
- Kurtz, Carl. Iowa's wild places : an exploration / 1996. QH 105.I8 K87 1996
- Satterfield, John R. We band of brothers : the Sullivans and World War II / c1995. D769.85.I5 S3x 1995
- Schwieder, Dorothy. Iowa past to present : the people and the prairie / 1991. j977.7 Sch4
- Smith, Bernard. Cedar Rapids prologue & promise / c1998. F629.C3 S65x 1998
- State Historical Society of Iowa. Iowa heritage illustrated / c1996-. PERIODICALS.
- State Historical Society of Iowa. Iowa historian / c1987-. PERIODICALS
- Vogel, Virgil J. Iowa place names of Indian origin / c1983. F619. V63 1983 Ref
- Wubben, Hubert H. Civil War Iowa and the Copperhead movement / 1980. E507.9 .W8
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.