Free tuition puts a college education in reach. Education shouldn’t be a luxury; that’s why we’re making it affordable for even more Iowans. It’s what Catherine McAuley believed was right in 1827, and it’s what Mount Mercy University still believes today.
We will be holding two information sessions in Iowa for students interested in the Catherine McAuley Scholarship.
- Davenport/Quad Cities: Tuesday, June 14th at 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Olive Garden, 330 W Kimberly Road, Davenport.
- Waterloo: Wednesday, June 22nd at 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Lone Star Steakhouse, 4045 Hammond Avenue, Waterloo.
RSVP for an information session.
If you would like more information but are unable to attend one of the sessions above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Catherine McAuley scholarship provides free tuition to Iowa students whose family income is $45,000 or less annually. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years. To be eligible, students simply need to:
- Be an Iowa resident and graduate from an Iowa high school.
- Be admitted as a new freshmen to Mount Mercy.
- Reside all four years on Mount Mercy’s campus during the academic year.
- Participate in Mount Mercy’s College Success Program during their first year on campus.
- File the FAFSA* prior to July 1 (first year) and May 1 (subsequent years) that shows family income of $45,000 or less and Pell Grant eligibility.
Students are automatically considered for the Catherine McAuley Scholarship upon admittance to Mount Mercy University.
A few things to note:
- To maintain the scholarship from year to year, students will need to successfully complete 24 semester hours per academic year and maintain a GPA of 2.0.
- Catherine McAuley Scholarship recipients are responsible for paying the costs of room and board and their books.
- The Catherine McAuley scholarship supersedes all other Mount Mercy grants and scholarships. Athletic scholarships will remain a part of the student’s financial aid award. However the total amount of the Catherine McAuley scholarship, the Athletic Scholarship, the Pell Grant and the Iowa Tuition Grant will not exceed the cost of tuition.
- We encourage students to visit campus to help make their decision about whether to enroll at Mount Mercy. Mount Mercy can help with costs to visit campus. Learn more here.
- For more information, email us at email@example.com.
- To apply for admission click here.
*FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can fill out the FAFSA free of charge at www.fafsa.ed.gov . For more information on financial aid and filing the FAFSA, click here.