Busse Library provides these titles and websites for students and faculty seeking information about the Civil Rights Movement in America and human rights issues across the globe. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere. Websites reflect selected topics.
Scroll or select a topic of interest.
Civil Rights Movement: America -- Civil Rights Organizations: America -- Gateways to Human Rights -- Human Rights: Africa -- Human Rights: Asia -- Human Rights: Europe -- Latin and South America -- Human Rights: The Middle East and North Africa -- Human Rights: The Pacific -- Busse Library Resources
Civil Rights Movement: America
Civil Rights Organizations: America
Gateways to Human Rights
Human Rights: Africa
Human Rights: Asia
Human Rights: Europe
Human Rights: Latin and South America
Human Rights: The Middle East and North Africa
Human Rights: The Pacific
Busse Library Resources
- Amnesty international. Human rights violations against the indigenous peoples / 1992. JC599.A46 H86 1992
- Andreopoulos, George J. Human rights education for the twenty-first century / c1997. JC571 .H769442 1997
- Brownlie, Ian. Basic documents on human rights / 1992. K3238.A1 B76 1992, Ref.
- Burns, James MacGregor. A people's charter: the pursuit of rights in America / 1993. JC599.U5 B87 1993
- Cornelius, Wayne A. Controlling immigration: a global perspective / c1994. JV6271 .C66 1994
- Donnelly, Jack. International human rights / 1993. JC571 .D753 1993
- Forsythe, David P. Human rights and peace: international and national dimensions / c1993. K3240.4 .F677 1993
- Lawson, Edward. Encyclopedia of human rights / c1996. JC571 .E67 1996, Ref.
- Lipset, Seymour Martin. The encyclopedia of democracy / c1995. JC423 .E53 1995, Ref.
- United States Commission on Civil Rights. Civil rights journal / 1995-. PERIODICALS.
- United States, Bureau of International Labor Affairs. Forced labor: the prostitution of children / 1996. HQ103 .F67 1996
- Van Wormer, Katherine S. Social welfare: a world view / c1997. HV31 .V35 1997
- White, C. Dale. Making a just peace: human rights & domination systems / c1998. JC571 .W46 1998
- Williams, Mary E. Human rights: opposing viewpoints / c1998. JC571 .H76968 1998
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.