Mount Mercy aims to develop highly qualified nursing professionals at the master's level. Successful candidates will engage in practical and vocationally relevant coursework with their peers. This program has received interim approval by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Review of applications is ongoing.
The MSN Program offers two start times per year, in January and August.
- Deadline for completed applications is Friday, August 14th, 2015.
- Orientation for new students will be held on Monday, August 17th, 2015.
- Deadline for completed applications is Monday, December 14th, 2014.
- Orientation for new students will be held on Monday, January 4th, 2015.
- Completed online application
- Resume with evidence of relevant professional experience
- Personal statement
- Currently working a minimum of part-time as a nurse.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited institution outside of the United States. Undergraduate record should reflect ability to be successful in graduate studies.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited nursing program*
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for conditional admission.
- Course work in Statistics With a grade of C or higher*
- Official transcripts from all schools previously attended. Transcript must include documentation of coursework in statistics.
- Current and valid Iowa registered nurse (RN) license
- Two recommendations from people qualified to assess candidate's strengths.
- Transfer and international students will need to provide additional application materials.
*Note: A student may be admitted to the MSN program prior to completing the prerequisite courses (statistics or nursing courses for those who do not have a BSN). However, students will need to complete those prerequisite courses with a C or above, prior to beginning to take MSN courses.
*Note: Nursing courses with a clinical component may not be taken by a person:
- Who has been denied licensure by the Board;
- Whose licence is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in any U.S. jurisdiction
- Whose license/registration is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in any country due to disciplinary action.
For more information about the application process, contact:
Admissions at 319-286-4420 or email email@example.com.