Transfer students are already skilled college students but starting at a new university can bring new challenges. Group registration dates are organized so you can take care of all the details of starting classes at one time. Take the next step and sign up for a registration date now!
Sign up for registration dates:
What to Bring
- Deposit: If you have not already sent in your deposit you should bring it with you at this time. You will not be able to register for classes until the University has received your deposit. Please speak with your admission counselor if you have any questions about the deposit.
- Photo ID: You must present a photo ID before you can be issued a university ID
- Immunization form: The university requires new students to have an immunization form on file with the Health Services office before starting classes.
- Housing application/exemption: The university has a residency requirement for all freshmen and sophomores. An expemption from the requirement can be granted if you meet the exemption qualifications. If you have not already submitted your housing application, you can submit it during registration.
- Financial aid forms
- Athletic forms
Directions & Parking
Please park in the Prairie Drive parking lot. See map for more details.
No formal programming is scheduled for family members during this time. Guests are able to wait for students in one of our lounge areas or browse the bookstore.
All Mount Mercy students must obtain a university photo ID. New students can do this when registering for classes. Replacement IDs have a fee of $15.00. The ID center is located at the Information Desk in the University Center. The student ID is used in the following ways:
- Laundry for residential students
- Building and elevator access for Regina and McAuley residents
- Meal plans
- Library check-outs
- Printing in computer labs
- Charging purchases from dining services, the Campus Store, or the Information Desk to your student account
All student vehicles are required to display a current Mount Mercy parking sticker when parking on campus. Student stickers are valid from September 1 to August 31 for the academic year for which it is issued. Parking stickers can be acquired at the Information Desk in the University Center. One sticker for each student is included in tuition. Replacement or additional vehicle stickers will cost $2.00. Visitor and temporary permits are also available at the Information Desk.
Explore all your options of dining on campus.
Before Welcome Week:
- If you are living on campus, talk to your roommate
- Turn in your immunization form to Health Services
- If you are an athlete, have all your physicals and forms ready for the athletic department
- Fall sport athletes will receive a letter from the athletic department with information on move-in dates
- All other new students will move in on August 24. Detailed instructions will be mailed on August 1.
- Have your items packed in containers that have been clearly marked with your name and room numbers.