Busse Library provides these titles and websites for students and faculty seeking information about social issues. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere. Websites reflect topics dealing with stereotypes and some of the "isms" of concern in our society.
Scroll down the desktop or select a topic of interest.
Ageism/Age Discrimination -- Gender Issues -- Racism -- Sexual Orientation Issues -- Busse Library Resources
Sexual Orientation Issues
Busse Library Resources
- Andersen, Margaret L. Race, class, and gender : an anthology / c1995. HN59.2 .R32 1995
- Brown, Robert N. The rights of older persons / c1989. KF390. A4 B76 1989
- Diamant, Louis. The Psychology of sexual orientation, behavior, and identity / 1995. HQ16. P79 1995
- Edley, Christopher F. Not all black and white : affirmative action, race / 1996. KF4755.5 .E33 1996
- Green, Jonathon. Words apart : the language of prejudice / 1996. P120.R32 G74x 1996, Ref
- Hamer, Dean H. The science of desire : the search for the gay gene / c1994. HQ76.25 .H34 1994
- Herek, Gregory M. Stigma and sexual orientation : understanding prejudice / c1998. HQ76.25 .S78 1998
- Jacobs, Jerry A. Gender inequality at work / c1995. HD6060.G46 1995
- Lederer, Laura. The Price we pay : the case against racist speech / 1995. KF9345.A75 P74 1995
- LeVay, Simon. Queer science : the use and abuse of research into / c1996. HQ76.25 .L497 1996
- Levine, Martin. Age discrimination and the mandatory retirement controversy / c1988. HD6279. L48 1988
- Oskamp, Stuart. Gender issues in contemporary society / c1993. HQ1075. G4645 1993
- Shein, Lori. Inequality : opposing viewpoints in social problems / c1998. HN79.S6 I53 1998
- Wolfson, Nicholas. Hate speech, sex speech, free speech / 1997. KF4772. W65 1997
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.