Mount Mercy College
March 8, 2005
This webliography began with a bibliography provided by Sandy Daack-Hirsch MSN, RN, one of the panel participants.
Selected General Information Sources
Teaching Learning Materials for Professionals
- Genetics Interdisciplinary Faculty Training (GIFT) A genetics educational program for faculty teams from nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and nurse-midwifery programs. The goal of the program is to incorporate genetics into the graduate curricula for primary care providers in nursing. There is no cost to our participants. All cost is funded by a cooperative agreement with HRSA.
- Genetics and Your Practice A curriculum developed for physicians and other health care professionals by Dr. Robert Fineman and the Genetics Services Division of Washington State Department of Health.
- Hereditary Susceptibility To Breat and Ovarian Cancer: An outline of the basic fundamental knowledge needed by all health care professionals established by: National Action Plan On Breast Cancer American Society Of Clinical Oncology
- A Practice-Based Genetics Curriculum for Nurse Educators The Practice-Based Genetics Curriculum for Nurse Educators is the result of a 3-year, ELSI-funded genetics educational research project. The curriculum contains a variety of genetic topics for nurse educators teaching in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. A variety of teaching materials are included in the curriculum: 1) genetic family history screening tools, 2) case studies for discussion, 3) act sheets, 4) handouts, 5) evaluation methods (e.g. multiple choice questions and questions for research topics and critical thinking), 6) glossary, and 7) Power-Point sides that can be used in the classrom. Posted on the FBR Web site http://www.fbr.org/ are excerpts of the curricular modules.
Selections from the Busse Library Collection
- Bankston, Carl L. Encyclopedia of family life. c1999. HQ534 .E53 1999, Ref.
- Barker, Penelope. Genetics & society. 1995. QH438.7 .G44 1995
- Bishop, Jerry E. Genome : the story of the most astonishing scientific adventure of our time. c1990.RB155.5 .B57 1990
- Botkin, Jeffrey R. Genetics and criminality : the potential misuse ofscientific information in court. c1999. KF8964 .G4 1999
- Caplan, Arthur L. When medicine went mad : bioethics and the Holocaust.c1992. R853.H8 W54 1992
- Cook-Deegan, Robert M. The gene wars : science, politics, and the human genome. c1994.QH445.2 .C66 1994
- Cranor, Carl F. Are genes us? : the social consequences of the newgenetics.c1994.QH445.2 .A74 1994
- Elshtain, Jean Bethke. Politics and the human body : assault on dignity. 1995.B105.B64 P65 1995
- Films for the Humanities (Firm). Human genes decoded. c2000.DVD QH 447 .H8
- Fitch, Walter M. Tempo and mode in evolution genetics and paleontology.1995.QH366.2 .T46 1999
- Gert, Bernard. Morality and the new genetics : a guide for students andhealth care providers.c1996. RB155 .M67 1996
- Goldblum, Jeff. DNA. Video QP 624 D12
- Kevles, Daniel J. The Code of codes : scientific and social issues in thehuman genome project. 1993. RB155 .C575 1993
- Krulwich, Robert. Cracking the code of life. c2001. Video QH 447 .C7
- Lander, Eric S. All about us. c2002. DVD QH 445.2 .A6
- Messina, Lynn. Biotechnology . 2000. TP248.215 .B56 2000
- Monagle, John F. Health care ethics : critical issues. 1994. R724 .H344 1994
- Murphy, Timothy F. Justice and the human genome project. c1994.QH445.2 .J87 1994
- Murray, Thomas H. The Human Genome Project and the future of health care. c1996.QH445.2 .H87 1996
- Olson, Steve. Mapping human history : discovering the past through ourgenes. c2002.QH455 .O474 2002
- Reich, Warren T. Encyclopedia of bioethics. c1995. QH332 .E52 1995, Ref.
- Ridley, Matt. Genome : the autobiography of a species in 23 chapters.c1999. QH431 .R475 1999
- Roleff, Tamara L. Biomedical ethics : opposing viewpoints. c1998. R724 .B492 1998
- Rothman, Barbara Katz. Encyclopedia of childbearing : critical perspectives.1993. RG525 .E52 1993 Ref.
- Shannon, Thomas A. Genetic engineering : a documentary history. 1999.QH442 .S476 1999
- Shapiro, Robert. The human blueprint : the race to unlock the secrets of our genetic script. 1991.QH445.2 .S53 1991
- Sloan, Phillip R. Controlling our destinies : historical, philosophical, ethical, and theological perspectives on the Human Genome Project. c2000. QH445.2 .C65 2000
- Sulston, John. The common thread : a story of science, politics, ethics, and the human genome. c2002.QH445.2 .S85 2002b
- Thomson, Janet. Measuring up. c2004. Video RB 155.6 .M4
- Watson, James D. DNA : the secret of life. 2003.QH437 .W387 2003
- Weir, Robert F. Genes and human self-knowledge : historical and philosophical reflections on modern genetics. c1994.QH445.2 .G443 1994
- Wilkie, Tom. Perilous knowledge : the human genome project and its implications. 1993.QH445.2 .W55 1993
- Wills, Christopher. Exons, introns, and talking genes : the science behind the c1991.RB155 .W54 1991
- Zweiger, Gary. Transducing the genome information, anarchy, and c2001.QH447 .Z94 2001eb
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.