Health Systems Admission:
The admissions process is described on the Mount Mercy Admissions section of the site.
If you already have a BA or BS and are looking for a second degree:
A Mount Mercy graduate or a person who holds a baccalaureate degree from an institution whose accreditation is comparable to that granted to Mount Mercy may earn a second baccalaureate degree at Mount Mercy by fulfilling the following requirements:
1. The student must be admitted or readmitted to Mount Mercy and to a major department other than the major department of the original degree.
2. The original degree must be completed and not in progress before the student begins work toward the second degree.
3. The student must earn at least 30 consecutive semester hours at Mount Mercy beyond the original degree, with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 (or higher, if the designated major requires a higher average.).
4. The student must fulfill all of the requirements of a major (different than the original major) as described in the catalog in effect at the time of admission or readmission. *
5. Pass/Fail grades in courses used for completion of the second degree are unacceptable unless the course is designated in the catalog solely as a Pass/Fail course.
General education requirements at Mount Mercy do not apply to students earning a second degree. The student who earns a second baccalaureate degree will receive a Mount Mercy University diploma and may participate in graduation ceremonies. The student shall not be eligible for graduation honors with exceptions granted by petition through the vice president for academic affairs. An important consideration in the decision will be the cumulative GPA from the previous degree.