The first year of college is an exciting time for new students and it can be filled with lots of questions. The Orientation staff is here to help with those questions and to make the transition into university life as smooth as possible.
New student registration is a half day program where you will meet fellow classmates, members of the faculty and to register for classes. All new students must attend one of the registration sessions. If you live out of state and are unable to travel to campus for registration, please speak to your admission representative to make alternative arrangements.
Sign up for registration dates:
Check out the student schedule and parent schedule!
What to Bring
- Deposit: If you have not already sent in your deposit you should bring it with you at this time. You will not be able to register for classes until the University has received your deposit. Please speak with your admission counselor if you have any questions about the deposit.
- Photo ID: You must present a photo ID before you can be issued a university ID
- Immunization form: The university requires new students to have an immunization form on file with the Health Services office before starting classes.
- Housing application/exemption: If you have not already submitted your housing application, you can submit it at this time.
- Financial aid forms
- Athletic forms
Directions & Parking
Please park in the Prairie Drive parking lot. See map for more details.
The Freshman BBQ (a student event only) will be on July 19 from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. All freshmen are encouraged to attend this event because it is a great opportunity to meet other members of the class of 2018, check out your residence hall room and get to know your roommate.
Before Welcome Week:
- Talk to your roommate
- Turn in your immunization form to Health Services
- If you are an athlete, have all your physicals and forms ready for the athletic department
- Fall sport athletes will receive a letter from the athletic department with information on move-in dates
- All other new students will move in on August 23. Detailed instructions will be mailed on August 1.
- Have your items packed in containers that have been clearly marked with your name and room numbers.
Parents & Guests:
We encourage families to participate in the move-in experience of their student. The first day of Welcome Week is Saturday, August 23, and select events/services are open to families.