Location | Institution Type | Degrees Offered | Accreditation | Faculty | Affiliation | Alumni | Founding | Naming | Academic Calendar | Costs | Academic Distinctions | Student Life | Visit Campus | Cedar Rapids / Iowa City | Contact Us
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa | 1330 Elmhurst Drive NE, 52402
- On 40 wooded acres in the heart of historic Cedar Rapids
- By car: 30 minutes from Iowa City and 4 hours from the metropolitan areas of Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Omaha and St. Louis
- Baccalaureate and Graduate education
- Sponsored by the Conference for Mercy Higher Education
- Bachelor of Applied Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- More than 40 majors in 8 academic departments
- Accelerated program for working adults seeking a Bachelor's degree.
- Graduate Programs: Master of Arts in Education, Master of Business Administration, Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, Master of Science in Nursing
- 1824 (Fall 2011)
- 70% female, 30% male
- 8.3% racially underrepresented students
- 106 students from out of state
- Student/Faculty Ratio 12:1
- 85 full-time faculty; 66 part-time
- 62.4% of faculty hold the terminal degree in their fields
- 11,805 located, living alumni (as of Fall 2011) residing in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, as well as 18 other nations
- First Mount Mercy Academy in 1924 (and unofficially referred to as “Mount Mercy of the Pines”)
- In 1928, Mount Mercy Junior College
- In 1960, accreditation as Mount Mercy College
- In August 2010, re-designation as Mount Mercy University
- View Academic Calendar
- 4-1-4: A 4-month fall semester, a 1-month interim in January, and a 4-month spring semester
- A nationally ranked Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) team, finishing as Regional Champions the last 13 of the last 14 years, with numerous National Championship appearances
- 15 varsity athletic teams and numerous intramural opportunities
- More than 40 clubs and organizations
- Nine academic and residential buildings, with a Campus Master Plan projecting growth via a University Center, Plaza & Walk, and renovated or new facilities for theatre, fine arts and sports and wellness.
Cedar Rapids / Iowa City
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City recognized as “Best Places for Businesses and Careers” by Forbes magazine. Cedar Rapids ranked number 13 out of the nation’s two hundred largest metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) and Iowa City ranks second among smaller metros
- Cedar Rapids ranked number 1 for projected job growth by Forbes Magazine
- Cedar Rapids rated 57th in the Milken Institute for economic vibrancy of metropolitan areas
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City receive the highest rating possible for quality of life from Expansion Management.
- Cedar Rapids ranks 2nd in the nation for overall quality of life by Outlook Magazine including #1 safest place to live and #2 favorable drive times
- Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are in the top 12 cities in the U.S. for places to locate a company according to Expansion Magazine.
- Iowa is ranked the nation's 3rd most livable state based on factors such as median household income, crime rate, sunny days, and infant mortality rate.
- Address — 1330 Elmhurst Drive NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
- Telephone — 319-363-8213 or 800-248-4504 (Admissions & Financial Aid)
- E-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org