You are invited to join Mount Mercy University President Christopher Blake and Mrs. Blake for an unforgettable nine-day and eight-night journey to England, Belgium, and France through the week of October 12-20, 2013.
Dr. Blake, a native of England, has crafted a distinctive itinerary of captivating sites, from cathedrals and castles to battlefields and museums. Exclusively for Mount Mercy alumni and friends, this trip will allow you to delve into British history and culture and experience the stories behind the sights.
This trip will include both famous spots and hidden gems. Some of the highlights in England include:
- London City Tour visiting Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and Big Ben
- Excursion to the Tower of London
- Ride on the London Eye, the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe
- Tour of the ancient university city of Oxford, President Blake’s alma mater and home to several Harry Potter sites
- Sightseeing at the birthplace and family home of Sir Winston Churchill, the heroic Prime Minister who led England through WWII
- Visit to Canterbury Cathedral, one of the oldest and most beautiful churches in England
- Tour of Dover Castle, overlooking the famous “White Cliffs of Dover”
Travelers will also take the short ferry ride across the English Channel to France and Belgium to visit some evocative WWI memorials and historic villages.
View the trip brochure or please contact email@example.com to be placed on the mailing list to receive more information. Keep watching this page for updates.