Busse Library provides these websites and titles for students and faculty seeking African American history information. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere.
Scroll or select a topic of interest.
Gateways to African American History -- Organizations -- Museums and Memorials -- Online Exhibits -- Media Broadcasts/Coverage -- History Websites -- Science and Medicine -- Literature and the Arts -- Busse Library Resources
Gateways to African American History
Museums and Memorials
Science and Medicine
Literature and the Arts
Busse Library Resources
- Adell, Sandra. African American culture. 1996. E185. A2525 1996 Ref
- Anderson, James E. Black history, 1915 to 1970 / 1970. Kit E 185. B5x
- Banks, Phyllis M. Black Americans : images in conflict.  PE1122. B347
- Buchanan, Albert Russell. Black Americans in World War II / c1977. D810. N4 B82
- Children's Defense Fund (U.S.) Black and white children in America : key facts. c1985. HQ771. B4x q
- Estell, Kenneth. The African American almanac. c1994-. E185. N385 Ref
- Hay, Samuel A. African American theater : a historical / 1994. PN 2270.A35 H39 1994
- Johnson, Ruth W. African American voices : African American health educators / c1995. RA448.5.N4 A47 1995
- Meltzer, Milton. The Black Americans : a history in their own words, 1619-1983 / c1984. j973.0496 BL2
- Metcalf, Doris Hunter. African Americans : their impact on U.S. history / c1992. LC Soc. St. 26
- Ragsdale, Bruce A. Black Americans in Congress , 1870-1989 / 1990. E185.96 .R25 1990q
- Wintz, Cary D. African American political thought, 1890-1930 / c1996. E185.61 .A239 1996
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.