Busse Library provides these titles and websites for students and faculty seeking information about art history. Books listed here are a sampling available in the library and elsewhere. Websites reflect selected topics.
Scroll or visit a topic of interest.
Gateways to Art History -- Art History Education -- Medium or Form-Specific -- Regional Resources -- Museums and Galleries -- Image Collections -- University Departments and Courses -- Journals -- Books: Online Texts and Stores -- Art History for Kids -- Busse Library Resources
Gateways to Art History
Art History Education
Medium or Form-Specific
Museums and Galleries
University Departments and Courses
Books: Online Texts and Stores
Art History for Kids
Busse Library Resources
- Arnason, H. Harvard. History of modern art / 1986. N6490. A713 1986b
- Boardman, John. The Oxford history of classical art / 1993. N5610. O84 1993
- Efland, Arthur. A history of art education / c1990. N105. E35 1990
- Gerdts, William H. Grand illusions : history painting in America / 1988. ND1441.5 .G47 1988
- Fine, Elsa Honig. Women and art : a history of women painters and sculptors / c1978. N43. F56
- Fitzpatrick, Virginia Le Noir Van Duzer. Art history : a contextual / c1992. N380. F57 1992
- Hollis, Richard. Graphic design : a concise history / c1994. NC998. H65 1994a
- Janson, H.W. History of art / 1995. N5300. J3 1995
- Lee, Sherman E. A history of Far Eastern art / 1982. N7336. L43 1982q
- Livingstone, Marco. Pop art : a continuing history / 1990. N6494. P6 L58 1990q
- Stokstad, Marilyn. Art history / 1995. N5300.S923 1995
- Zibawi, Mahmoud. The icon: its meaning and history / c1993. BX378.5 .Z5313 1993
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.