Busse Library provides these webpages for students and faculty seeking information on African nations. Websites reflect a small portion of available government and social resources. Busse Library titles are provided for research needs.
Nations included in this region : Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equitorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, The Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Society and Culture Resources
General Resources on Region
Busse Library Resources
- Afigbo, A.E. The Making of modern Africa / 1986-. DT28. M32 1986
- Ake, Claude. Democracy and development in Africa / c1996. HC800. A648 1996
- Cohen, Dennis. Political economy of Africa : selected readings / 1981. HC502. P565x
- Davidson, Basil. The Black man's burden : African and the curse of the nation-state / 1992. DT30.5 .D37 1992
- Davidson, Basil. African civilization revisited : from antiquity to modern times / DT14. D35 1991
- Griffiths, Ieuan L. The African inheritance / 1995. DT30.5 .G74 1995
- Huet, Michel. The dance, art, and ritual of Africa / c1978. GV1705. H8313 q
- Lemert, Edwin McCarthy. The trouble with evil : social control at the edge of morality / c1997. GN645. L44 1997
- Mazrui, Ali AlAmin. The Africans / c1986. Video DT 14.A37
- Weisbord, Robert G. Ebony kinship : Africa, Africans, and the Afro-American /  E185. W436
- Wiseman, John A. Democracy and political change in Sub-Saharan Africa / 1995. JQ1879. A15 D44 1995
As a Catholic, Mercy university, Mount Mercy University does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites.